Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Applying for Jobs and Family Visits!


        Life has been a weird mixture of lazy no plans summer and crazy job applying summer. I am really trying to stay on top of things! I am still holding out for the job at Duke but not sitting around waiting for that to happen either. It seems they really want to hire an internal candidate for the position but they just don’t have one or else they would have already filled the position, right?! well anyways one of the associate SID’s up there said that not much has changed regarding the position and they are still waiting for things to fall in place elsewhere. So that’s the news with that. 
So while that seems to be at a standstill I have been applying for other positions. I applied for a 10 month sports information internship at GCSU (Georgia College & State University) and a 10 month marketing and promotions position at UTC (University of Tennessee at Chattanooga). I also just applied for an Athletic Communications position with the Southland Conference in Frisco,TX and a Administrative Support position with the Men’s Basketball Team at UNCC (UNC-Charlotte). So I’m hoping that I get an interview or two and really hope that one of these positions pans out! But I’m leaving it to God to put me in the right place! That being said though I am not just sitting idle- I am trying to put my best foot forward to get a job! 
So that’s what I have been up to lately. However, I have had some good family time. This past weekend I went up to my grandfather’s in Waynesville, NC and my cousin Whit who I hadn’t seen in a little over 4 years came to visit. It was good to see him, and he brought his new girlfriend, well actually he came more to see here. She lives in Charlotte and he flew out to see her and kind of the rest of us too. When he got to Charlotte they made the trip over to Waynesville and we went out to dinner. We were celebrating my Aunt Lynne (his mom)’s birthday. The whole family really likes Amy his new girlfriend! She is really nice and fit right into our family and he seems really happy! 
Now tomorrow my parents, our dog buddy and I are all leaving to go to Fayetteville, NC for my cousin caleb’s high school graduation. I am excited mainly because I like going on little road-trips and we are going back to NC sooo that means we get to go to COOKOUT! If you don’t know about COOKOUT you are really missing out! It’s a fast-food relationship based in NC but they have expanded to a few stores in SC,TN and VA. BUT they desperately need to come to georgia. They have all the food you would have at an actual cookout- hotdogs,hamburgers,chicken fingers, hushpuppies, etc. And they have about 40 flavors of absolutely amazing milkshakes! my go to is the peanut butter milkshake and I add oreo and it makes it DIVINE! I also love the strawberry cheesecake milkshake! Sorry about that rant, I kinda love COOKOUT! 
-Elissa

1 comment:

  1. Girl, don't even get me started on cookout milkshakes!! Peanut butter banana is my favorite!! Mmmm so good.

    Praying for ya with all the job apps!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )