Sunday, June 17, 2012

Andy Grammer, Colbie Caillat, Gavin DeGraw and a RAINSTORM!


Last Wednesday night, my best friend Erin and I went to the Colbie Caillat and Gavin Degraw concert at Chastain Park. Monday afternoon, I checked my phone and had a missed call and voicemail from a number i didn’t recognize right away. So i listened to my voicemail and it was Q100 ( a local radio station) letting me know that I won tickets to the Gavin Degraw concert and could pick them up at their office. I was so surprised, I entered the contest on facebook the week before and had practically forgotten about it. So I called Erin and she didn’t have any plans and we were excited because we hadn’t seen each other since graduation! Well if we weren’t excited enough, late tuesday afternoon I got ANOTHER call from Q100.  They congratulated me on winning the tickets and I thanked them and then they told me I also won a meet and greet with Gavin DeGraw! So now we were even more excited. 
So my dad decided that he wanted to drive me and pick me up so I wouldn’t have to worry about driving back from ATL late at night and getting out of concert traffic ( How Sweet, right?!) Well so my I met Erin at Lenox a little after 2 and we window shopped at lenox for a couple of hours, and then we went down the street to a target and publix. We picked up food at Publix and headed over to Chastain. We wanted to get there early because of parking and we got there an hour before we were supposed to be there for the meet and greet. I had read up online about where to park and so we parked at a middle school nearby the amphitheater. Well we get out of the car and it is literally 100 yards from the amphitheater's $15.00 lot ! We then found a little secluded picnic table behind the ampitheatre and ate our food. Erin had gotten some Sushi and I got a ham and cheese sub sandwich. 
After, we were through eating we stood around will-call waiting for the lady in charge of the meet and greet. We got wristbands and then waited for a while. We actually ended up waiting in line for the meet and greet during the opening act! ANDY GRAMMER was the opener and he was fabulous! I’d only heard “Keep Your Head Up” by him before, but I fell in love with his music! He also just really seemed  like a really great guy! 


He even got off stage and went all around the amphitheater singing! 
Well So right when he was done with his set was about the time we went backstage for the meet and greet. There were only about 12 radio winners for the meet and greet and there were a lot of people who paid for VIP tickets that included meet and greets that went before us. It was basically say hey and take a picture but Gavin was really nice! 
So after we met Gavin and were heading back out to find our seats, it was raining hard. And it turned out that we hadn’t missed any of Colbie’s set because of the rain. So Erin and I decided to just go back in the back where they were selling merchandise and get under cover back there, it was kind of like a long covered hallway in the back of the amphitheater. A lot of other people had the same idea, and as the rain kept coming down it got more and more crowded back there! Chastain Park is a real unique concert venue and people bring all kinds of food and wine, etc. They really go all out! So some people had all their stuff in their hands while waiting for the rain to stop. The man next to me had a bottle of wine and a wine glass in one hand! It is really a neat venue. Erin and I commented it would be a fun thing to do for a birthday! But back to the rain, it kept pouring harder and harder, and the lightning strikes were really close. 
We really thought they weren’t going to get to go on at all! But a little bit after 9:45 colbie finally was able to go on! She was absolutely amazing! For the first couple of songs of her set it was still raining and lightning a little bit. But after that it actually quit! We just sat in some empty seats right near where we had been standing during the rain! Colbie’s set went until almost 11:00 and she sang ELEVEN songs! We were really impressed that she sang that many with the rain! 
One of the best pictures I got of her! I think this might be “I Never Told You”! 




Colbie brought Andy out to sing “Lucky” with her. So good!


Colbie’s last song was “Bubbly”!

Gavin came as soon they set up the stage for him. He opened with Sweeter, the title track of his new CD. He sang 9 songs and then came out with a 2 song encore. The first song of the encore was one I wasn’t familiar with and we were disappointed because we thought the encore was going to be “Over You” but that was simply the second song of the encore! 

Gavin opening his set with “Sweeter” 


 Gavin at the Piano! 

Despite the POURING rain, It was absolutely an amazing concert! All three of them have such beautiful voices! 

Elissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )