So this little tiny blog of mine got nominated for the Liebster blog award! Sweet Haley @ I Can Only Imagine nominated me! I have started blogging kind of regularly but this blog of mine is tiny and so it is super sweet to get an award!
I am stealing the description of the award from Haley: The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I really love blogging, it is a whole little world on the internet. I started my blog three years ago but only started blogging consistently this past year. I have always loved people watching and the world of blogging kind of lets you people watch on a whole nother level. I love reading different bloggers posts and really being able to relate to someone I’ve never met!
Well, so in order to get this award there are certain rules.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Things About Me
1.I am only child
2.I just graduated from LaGrange College and am going through the treacherous job search process
- I love sports but am completely unathletic. Anyone who knows me would say that “Elissa is a huge Duke Fan” is quite an understatement.
- I am super self-conscious and confess the fact you don’t see many pictures of me on the blog is because I generally hate most all pictures of myself. I’m working on it!
5.My dog Buddy, was my 12th birthday present. He just turned 10 years old!
6. I have sang at 5 funerals. 4x The song the Hymn of Promise and 1x Jesus Loves Me
7.I had an emergency appendectomy when I was 14
8.Honeysuckle is my favorite scent
9.I love a good tv obsession. my current one is The Bachelorette
10.I wanted to be an interior designer when I was younger and can’t wait to design my house one day!
11.I am kinda anal when it comes to spending money. I hate spending money and even if I want something most of the time I just tell myself I don’t need to spend the money.
Haley’s Questions for Me:
1. How many cellphones have you had in your lifetime? hmm. i think 4. or maybe 5. but never a smart phone.
2. How many states have you visited? Ever been out of the country?
15, but 2 i just stopped in on a road trip.
And I went to Europe 5 years ago on a People to People student ambassadors trip. I went to France, Switzerland, Austria,Germany, and Italy. I really want to go back on my own!
3. Around what age did you switch from taking baths to taking showers? good question! I think 11.
4. Japanese, Mexican, or Italian food? I like them all but if I had to choose I would say Italian.
5. French toast, or pancakes? again like both. but pancakes.
6. Your all-time favorite restaurant? hmm.i’m gonna go with Olive Garden.
- How many times a day do you brush your teeth? I’ll confess a lot of the time I only brush my teeth once a day!
8. Do you play an instrument? nope. took violin in middle school for a semester.
9. What were the colors and mascot of your high school? maroon and gold. and the tigers.
10. What's your ideal outside temperature/weather? 90 degrees but NO humidity. oh in my dreams.
11. Favorite all-time song to jam out to? I’m gonna go with a 90’s classic. MMMBop.
Ok, well let me just say this was kind of an awakening to the fact that pretty much all the blogs I follow are kinda blog famous. So I scoured the blogosphere for neat baby blogs to nominate and start following!
These are the lovely ladies I nominate:
Kristen @ Hope. For More Than A Name
Erin @ A Heart For Missions
Ashley @ Calmly Chaotic
Megan @ Every Day Leaps of Faith
Grace @ Her Umbrella
Kassie @ Things I Love
Sarah @ All About A
Amy @ Sweet Home Santa Barbara
Ashley @ This Beautiful Life
Ali @ Life according to Ali
The first 2 of these ladies are real-life friend of mine, and I hope the rest of you become new blog friends!
Here are my questions for you:
- If you have graduated from college, what did you do right afterwards? Did you have a job ready?
2.What are your pet peeves?
3.Favorite Beauty product/tip?
4.What is your favorite vacation?
5.If you watch the Bachelorette, who is your favorite? If you don’t what’s your favorite summer show?
6.Do you have any nicknames?
7.What kind of cell phone do you have?
8.What’s the last book you read?
9.Artist/Band you have been listening to lately?
10.how old were you in your oldest memory that you remember, not that you remember being told about?
11. what’s something in your life- an event, class,time period,etc. that has shaped who you are?