Monday, July 2, 2012

Beating the Heat!


I think it is safe to say that for much of the country it has been HOT this summer. Well Atlanta is no different and so this weekend I went tubing with some people from the college and young adult ministry at my church. On Saturday it was 106 degrees and so it was really nice to float along the Chattahoochee River. We went tubing at a place pretty close by and I liked it better than Cool River Tubing in Helen, GA where I had been tubing a couple of times before. The place we went to was between Duluth and Johns Creek and the water was a good bit higher at this part of the river than up in Helen. To stay on the safe side and not get our camera’s messed up because of the water, none of us took any pictures! So you’ll just have to believe me that a good time was had by all! The water was super cold at 50 degrees and it took a bit of getting used to, and then it was kind of more that we were numb to it rather than actually used to it. But it didn’t matter how cold the water was it was so nice compared to the scorching heat. While floating down the river we could hardly tell how hot it was outside! And I didn’t burn at all, just got a nice little tan. Well, Tan for me anyway! What have y’all been doing to beat the heat? If you live outside of atlanta, I definitely recommend this place click here for their website! 



Got this from Pinterest and love this! Especially neat to think of with how hot it's been lately! It is true the sunshine can just put me in such a good mood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )