Monday, November 28, 2011

This I know for sure...

So I've reached a time in my life where I need to answer that big question. you know the one every kid is asked all the damn time. What do you want to be when you grow up? Well that has now turned into What are you doing after graduation? and that question is less imaginative and more wanting an actual answer. 

I don't know. I am looking to go into College Athletics and I'm looking specifically at Sports Information and Marketing Jobs. I am also open to sportswriting jobs. I don't know. Some days I am very confident that I want to go into College Athletics but then other days I second guess myself. It's a big decision and I want to get it right. So while thinking about this a week or so ago, I had a thought that has stuck with me. I want to be a mom.  Obviously, not right now as I'm not in a relationship. While I sometimes question what I want to do career-wise, I know without a doubt that I want to be a mother. 

I've always known that I wanted to be a mother one day, so I was a bit confused as to why this seemed to be a revelation. I think that this thought stuck with me, because I think I am a lot less career-oriented than I thought. I know (as well as someone who hasn't experienced motherhood can) that motherhood is difficult but I also know that it will be rewarding. Growing up I spent countless hours thinking of baby names (still do).  I dream of the day where I find out I'm pregnant, and the day I hold my first-child. 


1 comment:

  1. I spent 3 years studying graphic design and had the same revelation when I finished. I want to be a stay at home mum, and my husband wants this too. So for the next couple of years I'm just going to be working less serious jobs and we're going to be doing things like traveling and saving before we embark on that part of our lives.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )