Monday, May 14, 2012

Fingers Crossed.

Ok So I have been slacking as of late, but it is not intentional I have been crazy busy finishing up college! I have one last paper to write tomorrow and then I am officially done with college!!!!!!!! I am going to miss college though, I know it. BUT I am excited for what the future will bring. 

- So I applied for a year long sports information assistantship at DUKE! and I emailed them a little over a week ago to check in, but hadn't heard anything and it has been a little over a month since I applied. So today I called up the SI office and asked how the application review process was going. They said the position was still open and that I should hear something soon. This definitely gives me hope that I could have a job for next year, and with my dream employer.

How amazing would it be to be at DUKE, all the time. Anyone who knows me knows that I love Duke. Actually anyone who knows me would probably say that is a major understatement. So I am hoping that I have a chance at this assistantship, I definitely think it bodes well for me that I already interned there last summer. So everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me. 

- so as I type I am thinking about how awesome it would be living in Durham! Going to Nosh for breakfast on the way to work, getting dinner at Sushi Love. Getting to go to Satisfaction and Elmo's whenever I wanted!  AND #1 - COOKOUT! 
( If i get the job I am going to have to restrict myself on guilty pleasures, like cookout!) 


Also If I do get the job, I can attend church here! Even though it is super sad that Dean Wells is leaving, the Duke Chapel will always have the highest quality preaching!  And it is just gorgeous. Fun Fact- I had my first Easter in the Duke Chapel, the day after Duke beat UNLV in the final four 

Elissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )