Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012


Christmas 2012 was great. In my family, we wake up Christmas morning and my mom makes a big deal about me coming downstairs and seeing what Santa brought! It doesn’t matter that I’m 22 she always keeps the Spirit of Santa Claus alive. After we see what Santa brought, we open presents as a family.  
   Then we relax for a bit before getting ready to go down to the country to my Dad’s parents for Christmas. We always have Christmas Dinner at my grandparents, but this year my mom requested we have Christmas Brunch. (She had been planning to go up to her Dad’s on Christmas, but she ended up waiting till the next day). Christmas Brunch was great. My aunt cathy made these delicious sausage pinwheels that were addicting (I took a bag home with me and had them for supper that night and lunch the next day!). I had a good time with my cousins. I am closest with my cousin Katie, who is 5 1/2 months older than me. All of the older cousins always sit on the back porch, we always have fun chatting and teasing/telling stories about things that happened when we were younger. I say older cousins but we used to be the only ones, but now we have a 14 year old step-cousin and a 7 year old and a 3 year old cousin. We had a great time down in the country. 



Me and Katie


My Grandmama and Granddaddy posing for a picture! 


- ELISSA

2 comments:

  1. You look SUPER cute in that photo! I love your sweater and scarf. And your grandparents are too darn adorable!! I really hope to be like that when I'm older :)

    Glad you had a great holiday season! Can't WAIT to start planning a trip to meet IRL this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such an awesome Christmas! I love that your mom still makes a big deal out of Santa - so do my parents. I am 24 years old and some of my presents still said "To:Laura, From:Santa" on them this year haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading y'alls comments! Let me know what you think : )